BRS Electrical was awarded the Contract to upgrade the PLC Control Systems at the Boonal Train Loadout Facility, Bluff, in Central QLD.
The project scope required BRS to complete and update the sites Electrical Schematics & Drawings, PLC programming, installing and integration of a new Allen Bradley CompactLogix PLC & PanelView Plus 1500 Touch Screen.
Electrical and Instrument Design
PLC & SCADA Design and Implementation
On-site installation support & Commissioning
Commissioned in July 2015 the upgrades had to be completed and commissioned within a 42 hour window due to site production schedules and train movements. Happily, no production losses were experienced and all Queensland Rail (QR) Trains were fully loaded without incident.
The Boonal TLO Control Systems Project Scope detailed the following PLC requirements –
• Monitoring, Control & Alarming of the Plant Hydraulic Systems
• Monitoring, Control & Alarming of VSD Feeder Drive;
• Monitoring, Control & Alarming of Liquid Resistance Motor Starting Main Conveyor Drive;
• Monitoring & Control of Plant Fire, Flood & Raw Water Pumping Systems;
• Level Monitoring & Alarming of the Coal Load-out Bins;
• Analogue Measurement & Alarming of the Belt Weightometer & Water Flow measurement;
• Ethernet-IP Communications to the Main Conveyor Motor Starter
Feedback from the Site Manager was that they were very impressed with the work BRS completed and shall continue to engage BRS for future works on this site.